The Friends of Westport Library are collecting donations (books, DVDs, CDs) through August 31st for the annual September book sale. Stop by during Library hours to fill our bin in the foyer. Please note that VHS tapes, cassettes, magazines, textbooks, Readers Digest Condensed books and encyclopedias are not acceptable. Thank you! Your support is most appreciated.
- Story Hour, for children ages 3-5, meets on Tuesdays from 10-11 a.m. Lap-Sit, for children under 3 years and a caregiver, meets on Wednesday from 10-11 a.m. followed by free-play. Join anytime. Register for either session by contacting the library at 508-636-1100, or by visiting the library.
- Manton Community Room (April): "Wonder" Watercolor artist, Peter Lenrow, shares paintings of seascapes, landscapes, and historic landmarks, accompanied by poems inspired by the settings.
- Helen E. Ellis Case (April): "Pysanky - The Hidden Message" Using beeswax from her beehives and eggs from her flock, Lucy Tabit shares her collection of delicately designed pysanka eggs. Exquisite colors and designs are breathtaking.
- Read to Rosie, a certified therapy dog on Saturday, May 5th from 9:30-10:30 a.m. Sign up for a 10-minute slot by calling the library, 508-636-1100.
- The Westport Library Book Club meets Friday, April 20th at 10:30 a.m. The Life We Bury by Allen Eskens will be shared. Join our lively discussion. New members are always welcome.
- Computer 101: Thursdays, 6-8 p.m. Sign up for a 1/2 hour slot. No question is too big or too small for our volunteer. Bring your laptop or use a library computer. Come as often as you like.