Friends of Westport Library Annual Summer Paperback Sale
Monday, July 30th - Friday, August 10th... More than 3,000 larger soft-covers and familiar "pocket" size books. All books are $1.00 to $2.00. Great beach or porch reading for these summer days. Potboiler or prize-winner, it will be there. Visit during Library hours.
The Friends of Westport Library are collecting donations (books, DVDs, CDs) through August 31 for the annual September book sale. Please note that VHS tapes, cassettes, magazines, textbooks, Readers Digest Condensed books and encyclopedias are not acceptable. Thank you!
- July in the Manton Community Room: "Media Mix: Celebrating Life" Artist, Carol Veiga shares watercolor, oil paintings and pencil drawings capturing local landscapes, seascapes, birds and flowers.
- July in the Helen E. Ellis Case: "Needlework: Then & Now" Susan Shaw shares an 1800's collection of embroidery tools & samplers along with her own creati
- Read to Rosie, a certified therapy dog on Friday, July 20 from 10-11 a.m. Sign up for a 10-minute slot by calling the library, 508-636-1100.
- Pick up summer reading logs and bookmarks. Join the weekly raffle for prizes. Open to all ages.
- Libraries Rock Reading Club Workshops for ages 6 and up meet each Tuesday, July 10 - August 7 from 10-11 a.m. (registration is necessary).
- Summer Days Story Time meets each Wednesday, July 11 - August 8 from 10-11 a.m. for ages 2 1/2- age 5.
- The Westport Library Book Club meets Friday, August 10 at 10:30 a.m. Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese will be shared. Join our lively discussion. New members are always welcome.