Please check back for updates regularly.
ADVISORY TO MOTORISTS
UPCOMING ROAD RACES/RIDES IN WESTPORT
Sunday November 3, 2019 - WHSPA 5K Road Race - Westport Jr/Sr High School Parent Association 10am-2pm
• The start and finish line will be the baseball fields just north of the High School on Main Road.
• Runners will travel south on Main Road, turning left onto Benjamin Tripp Drive for a loop,
• Then back to south on Main Road.
• Participants will reverse direction at the Charlotte White Rd intersecton and return back to the High School baseball fields.
**COMPLETED** Sunday September 8, 2019 – Narragansett Wheelmen 47th Flattest Century in the East Ride 7am-4pm
This Bicycle Ride will traverse various directions. The ride through Westport and neighboring towns is from 7am through 4pm.
• Old County & Reed Rd from 07:00 AM to 10:00 AM
• Old County & Drift Rd from 07:00 AM to 10:00 AM
• Route 88 and Charlotte White Rd from 07:15 AM to 11:15 AM
• Hix Bridge Rd & Drift Rd from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
**COMPLETED**Saturday September 14, 2019 – Cystic Fibrosis Foundation MA-RI Chapter Ride 8am-4pm
• This ride will start and finish at Westport Rivers Vineyard and traverse various directions.
• The ride through Westport areas covering over three routes of varying lengths and duration: 12, 23 and 62-mile courses.
• Please see attached route map below for details.
**COMPLETED**Sunday September 15, 2019 - 13th Annual Buzzards Bay Triathlon 9am-12pm
From Horseneck Beach State Reservation
• Left out of Horseneck Beach towards Rt 88
• Right onto Drift Road
• Right onto Hixbridge Road
• Right onto Horseneck Road
• Right onto East Beach Road
• Right onto John Reed Road
• Left back into Horseneck Beach
**COMPLETED** Sunday September 22, 2019 - Minuteman HOG Chapter #2522: 6th Annual Homes for Our Troops Ride ~11:30-1 pm.
This is a MOTORCYCLE charity ride and over 400 motorcyclists will be participating.
Please use caution on the roads!
The Route begins:
• Horseneck Road Dartmouth turn Right at Division Road and head North
• North on Division straight past Slades Corner Road in Dartmouth to Hixbridge Road
• Left on Hixbridge Road at a Stop Sign then West on Hixbridge Road to the intersection at Horseneck / Pine Hill Road through a 4-way stop sign
• Continue West and turn right at Drift Road which is a 4-way stop sign headed North on Drift Road past Charlotte White Road
• Turn Right at the intersection of Old County Road at a stop sign to head East on Old County Road past the Head of Westport
• Continue East on Old County past Pine Hill, past Fisher Road then turn left (across traffic) onto Beeden Road neaded North
• Beeden Road to the 4-way stop sign at the intersection of Reed Road then turn right into Dartmouth
**COMPLETED**Sunday October 6, 2019 – Buzzards Bay 13th Annual Watershed Ride 8:30-10 am.
This ride will pass through Westport and neighboring towns from 7am through 4pm. The route through Westport is shown on page 1 of the attached route listing.