- March: Helen E. Ellis Case: "Knitting for the Needy" Cast-Offs of Westport display items for comforting patients and those less fortunate.
- Check out our new discounted passes to the Providence Children's Museum and Roger Williams Park Zoo. Thank you, Friends of Westport Library!
- Story Hour continues on Tuesdays from 10-10:45 a.m. for children age 3 and up.
- Lap-Sit continues on Wednesdays from 10-10:45 a.m. for those under age 3 and their caregiver.
Each program consists of several stories, songs, fingerplays, puppets and rhythm instruments followed by a take-home craft for Story Hour children, and free play to conclude each program. Registration is necessary. Please drop by the library, or call 508-636-1100 to sign up.
- Read to Rosie, a certified therapy dog on Saturday, April1st from 9:30-10:30 a.m. Sign up for a 10-minute slot by calling the library at 508-636-1100.
- Creature Teachers will be on hand at 7 p.m. Friday, March 24, (snowdate March 31), with eight or nine live critters: a flying squirrel, porcupine, tarantula, kinkajou, cockatoo, and a snake, to name a few. Richard Roth will explain the diverse habitats of our planet and the animals that live within them. This program is suitable for a family audience and is supported in part by a grant from the Helen E. Ellis Charitable Trust and the Friends of Westport Library. Refreshments will be served following the program.
- The Westport Library Book Club meets Friday, April 21st at 10:30 a.m. Plainsong by Kent Haruf will be shared. Join our lively discussion. New members are welcome.